The Marine Fisheries Management Division (MFMD) is mandated to guarantee sustainable fisheries management in the marine sector.
- Registration of all fishing vessels/crafts/fleets (Canoes, Inshore ,Trawlers and Tuna)
- Licensing of industrial vessels (Trawlers and Tuna )
- Oversight responsibility of activities of the coastal regions in particular Inshore vessel registration and Licensing
- Preparation and implementation of Marine Fisheries Management Plan( MFMP 2022 -2026) and Co-management Policy
- Administration and management of Canoe Identification Cards (CIC) as a management tool
- Management of the Vessel and Canoe Registers
- Routine Operators Engagement, Sensitization and Education
- Collaborating with other government agencies , Fisheries Associations, NGOs and CSOs in the sustainable management of Ghana’s marine fisheries resources
Profile of Director of Marine
Maame Esi Bordah Quayson (Mrs)
She is an Oceanographer and Plankton Expert and holds, MSc. Oceanography- University of Southampton, UK BSc. Natural Resources Management, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science Technology, Ghana. She also has certificates in Public Administration , Aquaculture Management, Ocean Remote Sensing, Marine Spatial Planning Process, Ocean Governance , Negotiating Fair and Sustainable Fisheries Access Arrangement in Africa, Potential Co-Cruise Leaders, Sustainable Fisheries Management, Best Practices and Leadership, Effective Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Communication, Basic Database Management and, Website Design and Development.
She has thirty years working experience in Fisheries Management at the Fisheries Commission.